Partnership Opportunity - Republic of Panama.
2 Hydroelectric Plants (20 MW) - Ref.: P034.
Our Company represents the owners of two hydroelectric projects in the Republic of Panama.
- Project comprised of 2 hydroelectric plants operating jointly.
- 50 year concession,
- Total installed capacity: 20MW,
- Estimated energy generation: 83 GWh/year,
- 80% of the generated energy will be sold in the SPOT market; 20% via PPA'S,
- Annual estimated sales: US$11.7MM,
- Total Project budget plus pre-construction costs: US$39MM,
- Capital required from partners: 30%, financing: 70% (for 15 years),
- Expected ROI: 12.50% (based on 30 years),
- End of construction of the first plant: July 2016.
The two plants will operate jointly; this will allow the optimization of the rivers energetic resources and an optimal regulation of the reservoirs, providing for up to 15% more energy generation capacity tan if either plant operated independently. In addition, a substantial decrease in construction and operating costs will be achieved due to the fact that both plants can be operated by a single control station and both can be interconnected to the grid by the same transmission line.
All administrative, technical, and legal processes associated with this project have been successfully executed to date.
The proposed partnership (51/49) is based on the following elements:
- Acquisition of 49% of the shares of the company developing the projects.
- Contribute up to 49% of the necessary capital for the construction of the projects.
An NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) will have to be signed before any exchange of confidential information.
Financially qualified investors only.