The integrated brake systems is a unique and protected construction. The invention concerns a connector to connect two parts of a brake conduit, where the connector permits axial linear movement without variation of the volume of the conduit. The connector can for example be used in the front fork of a motorcycle. The brake circuit is the hydraulic connection between a brake handle and the brake cylinder operating the brake pads in the front wheel. The connector makes it possible to integrate the brake circuit into a leg of the front fork. The variation in length is necessary to compensate the suspension movement of the fork. The invention aims at a brake circuit connector which can be mounted within the inner parts of the leg. Because of the permitting of axial movement without variation of the volume in brake fluid, the construction can be completely built in and protruding parts are completely avoided. The systems is tested by a Dutch University of technology and certified by TUV. Currently experiences are gathered in race test run and in a daily use application. However, also various applications are possible.
- brake lines are integrated in the front fork, more rigid construction,
- a more accurate (linear) dosing of brake power is realised,
- brakes can be applied later resulting in faster lap times,
- a higher brake force can be build up,
- the system does not influence suspension settings or suspension behaviour,
- different lengths of front fork can be used,
- integration in different brands in bike and front fork manufacturer,
- applicable for first assembly at OEM or after market sales,
- in styling the front fork is more stylish,
- flexible hose lines are obsolete,
- maintenance is reduced, the system is more reliable
For further information contact me by email.