Behnke Nurseries, a grower/retailer in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC since 1930 is reducing its production division in order to focus on its garden center, florist and landscape divisions and will be selling its Lothian Production Complex. The production facility was opened in 2005, and includes 105,000 square feet of connected greenhouses, 75,000 square feet of free-standing greenhouses, and 7.75 acres of graded area for outdoor container production or further expansion of the greenhouse complex. Water, electric and heating systems were installed with future expansion in mind. The facility is fully permitted and in full operation.
- 2 Office Trailers, 1 trailer w/ showers and lockers, 1 Caretakers trailer
- Full in ground Receiving and Loading Dock
- Complete in ground water system
- Electric, Boilers and Water Systems for future expansion
- 12,000 gallon fuel oil tank ~18,000 gallon propane tank
- 4 Acre Lake and several other large lakes
- Large Generator
- 60,000 sq. ft. of pad growing space
- 7.75 Acres of growing pads with overhead irrigation
- 1,600 ft. fenced front entrance
- 12.25 acres of graded expansion
- 3 Sea Container
The property is fifteen minutes from the Washington Beltway/I-95, yet is in a rural setting. Located in Anne Arundel County, Lothian, MD, it would make an excellent plant holding/distribution center in addition to a growing location or a landscape company. Asking $3.7 Million. Email or call Stephanie Fleming at 301-937-8150
check out lothian.behnkes.com/ for more information and pictures for this Greenhouse Nursery for sale.