This biodiesel refinery was originally constructed for the previous owners in 2005 by fagan engineering and utilized desmet ballestra's equipment. While the plant was design to process high ffa feedstock with acid esterification, it was only commissioned to process soybean oil. The current owners purchased the facility in 2009. The plant was refurbished and upgraded (see below) to produce a near water white biodiesel that exceeds all astm specs including the new monoglyceride and cold soak spec. The plant was never fully commissioned after the upgrades were completed in 2010 and is now sitting idle. The capacity was expected to be 7 - 10 million gallons per year. All necessary licenses, including the irs, needed to run the plant have been obtained and will convey with the purchase. Additionally current owners will help buyer with the transition of ownership.
2009 plant upgrades:
- a pre bleach and filtration system was added
- ffa reduction process was upgraded with a glycerolysis system. The existing acid esterification system is still in place
- a final methyl ester distillation system was added
- plant has a norfolk southern rail siding
- both truck and rail loading and unloading capable
- most process vessels are stainless or alloy 20
- system is fully automated with a allan bradley plc system
- plant has a lab with all the equipment necessary to ensure product quality.
The lab is capably of performing the following tests: soap, acid value, 2 gas chromatograph for free and total glycerin testing, rancimat for oxidative stability testing, flash cup, cold bath for cloud point and cold soak, laboratory dish washer, karl fischer, all glass ware to support the above test, several balances. Contact for more information on this biodiesel refinery/chemical plant for sale.